Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful for ..."tools"

Around the turkey table Grant encouraged the four of us to share what we are all thankful for...

ME: "I'll start. I'm grateful for being content in all things right now. Not looking to the next thing... not in a place of 'I-can't-wait-for...'. I am truly content in my life and am so grateful for it."

MOM: "Oh, where do I start!? I'm so thankful ...for everything. Life is just so good... and big. It's overwhelming." (sigh)

PAYTON: (uh hem) "I am so thankful for all of you. My family. I am so glad I married Cris. And now my life is so full with a great family. I don't talk about it much (teary) but you all mean so much to me... ok, next!" (giggle)

GRANT: (super smiley) "Well, I'm going to start with something funny... but it's true. I am so thankful that I get to borrow Payton's tools (we all laugh) ...no, but for real. It's so great. And I learn so much. I mean... seriously, I am thankful for that!"

Cuteness.

I will always remember this sweet Thanksgiving of 2008.

P.S. Homemade pesto on a turkey sandwhich... a must.

1 comment:

hannahcUSAck said...

this picture is hilarious...and so out of the ordinary...well for you.

Love it.