Thursday, September 25, 2008

cracked pepper revelation

So simple yet profound. I had no idea. My friend Hannah and all her siblings dose everything with cracked pepper. I didn’t understand. Had I missed something?

I began to try it for myself and have grown to love it. It brings out the flavors in the most tasty foods. It is as fig is to cheese or chocolate is to a latte but on a broader, more general level… it just makes sense.

I wouldn’t add it to the chef’s dish at Vestas but it needs to have the same place in my dishes as sea salt.

Boulder Canyon Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper potato chips! Amazing! The aftertaste is sweet… like brown sugar or honey!

I really thought my taste buds had become culinary connoisseurs. You know the type… the geniuses who differentiate coffee beans by the smoky or spicy aroma.

Then, I looked at the ingredients… evaporated cane juice!

I actually thought I had arrived.

1 comment:

jacquesweet said...

I think your tastebuds ARE on the way to arriving at perfection... oh, and the Cusack pepper view has seared theirs off.... I'd be careful!