Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New home!

At the beginning of the year, Grant and I decided to cut the cable.

Revolutionary.

Seriously. I am a new woman. Okay, maybe not 'new' but my life is fuller and I have way more time. It is beautiful and refreshing.

I am not turning into an anti-television champ, but for me and my house, it is simply better. We play cards, eat at the table, read - a lot, and talk. Not that we didn't or couldn't do those things before, but they weren't as celebrated as they are now.

Oh, and we always have amazing music playing! The atmosphere is different... Peaceful.

We catch our fave shows online... we realize we have only three.
T-H-R-E-E. What were we doing? Flipping channels, I guess.

Brill!

3 comments:

jacquesweet said...

you ARE brill! After Hearing Aaron Stern's message on Friday, I want to keep mine off forever! He said that the average American spends 29 hours PER WEEK watching TV. Yikes!

Unknown said...

That is courage... so proud of you... feel tempted to make the leap... is there some sort of support group?

; )

Great insight!

Unknown said...

P.S.

If Top Chef isn't one of the Big 3, I'd like to schedule a truth talk.