Friday, January 2, 2009

Endings

I just finished taking down all the festive decor around my house. It was weird... like a slight grieving awakened within. Not because the beautiful twinkling lights everywhere will be tucked away for another year but rather the realization that something is over... the passing of a year... the ending of a season.

I guess I feel a slight loss simply because there is so much to be grateful for. I want to be sure I have treasured it worthy enough to end.

2008, for me, was a year about learning and growing. I realized, this year more than ever, that finding contentment isn't necessarily about being wildly-in-love with the season you are in(although at different times in the year, I was) but allowing your soul to be at rest in all things. Allowing God's grace and presence to lead your everyday, fill your inner being, and cause you to live in the 'now'... as opposed to the 'tomorrow' which is a great place to look at but not to live in.

I think that was the major takeaway for me in 2008.

Yet, with the ending of one thing comes the beginning of something new. And that's always exciting. Who knows!? Maybe some of the greatest people in my life will get married, have babies, move to fabulous places, get promoted... so much to anticipate celebrating.

(*Sigh*) I pray the truths marked in my heart this year remain, grow and live on. I believe it.

Good night 2008.

1 comment:

jacquesweet said...

well said, Car. who knows what this year will bring??